Thursday, January 5, 2017

Our Weekly Favorite Read Aloud

Every week, I would like to put together our family's favorite read aloud for the week.

This week, our favorite includes some older books which we reread and some new ones.

 KIMONOS


Kimonos is a new release from Annelore Parot. I found this book at the library and thought the chibis are so cute. Kimonos is a little bit like Where's Waldo where you go and find the Kikoshi dolls in the book. The illustrations are suuuupppper kawaii (cute in Japanese, I think), and I love how they include information about Japanese culture and words. It is also an interactive book with flaps.

Another new book we really enjoyed this week is Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea! by Ben Clanton. If you would like to see my previous posts about this funny and educational book, please click here

NARWHAL: UNICORN OF THE SEA!




Some older books we've enjoyed this week but keep rereading include the following:


  SCRAMBLED STATES OF AMERICA




ARNIE THE DOUGHNUT



The fantastic Laurie Keller wrote and illustrated The Scrambled States of America and Arnie the Doughnut. These books are my children's favorite picture books of all times. These hilarious books have my children in stitches every single time they read it. It never gets old! My children have learned all 50 states and capitals thanks to The Scrambled States of America. I love children books that are funny and engaging but are also educational. Laurie Keller's books fit the bill. In Arnie the Doughnut, you learn all about the different varieties of doughnuts. From long johns, to french crullers, to cinnamon twists...who knew all the names? I certainly didn't. Our family now has an annual doughnut day where we go and have some doughnuts sine we usually don't consume processed sugar.

What have you been reading? Please comment and let me know. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment