Thursday, January 5, 2017

What's a Narwhal? A Review of Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea!


Our family have been fans of Ben Clanton's work for quite some time. We have read and really enjoyed Rex Wrecks It, Table Sets Itself, Mo's Mustache, It Came in the Mail, Vote for Me, and Something Extraordinary. My children's favorite are Rex Wrecks It and Table Sets Itself  due to the silliness and cute drawing (according to them).

My children and I recently read Ben Clanton's latest graphic novel, A Narwhal and Jelly Book: Narwhal Unicorn of the Sea! They LOVED this book because it was right up their alley. First, it was a graphic novel and our family just ADORES graphic novels. Second, it was really cute and super cute illustrations. Third, I liked that it was still educational despite all the cuteness and great illustrations. We learned some interesting facts about narwhals. Quite frankly, I had never even heard of a narwhal.

My children have already asked to me get my hands on the sequel, Super Narwhal and Jelly Jolt which releases on May 2, 2017.

The timing of Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea! worked out so well for us. Shortly after we had read the graphic novel, we went to our monthly Lego mini-build which happened to be a narwhal. My children had a blast building their unicorn of the sea.

NOTE: As I am writing this post, my children are eating breakfast while reciting passages from the book. They love it that much.


No comments:

Post a Comment